This program is a fun interactive program to entertain a group with the etiquette of the fan in the Victorian times. You will learn the secret code of the fan to communicate with the opposite sex and also do a small fan craft.
We provide for this program:
• Use of a museum room for 1 to 2 hours (private party) equipped with tables and chairs
• Enough food for program attendees (for example: fruit tray, veggie tray, and cheese and crackers) as well as a beverage (such as tea, coffee, juice or infused water)
• The program, which includes: a brief history of fans, a look at some of the fans in the museum collection, a craft (supplies included) and instructions on fan signals
• The option to watch our 18 minute Orientation Video
• As well as a guided or self-guided visit through the museum
• Please book your program no less than 7 days before your preferred date so that we can arrange for staff and supplies
• Program fee is $10 per person and a minimum of 10 people are required for the program with a maximum of 16 people
• All attendees must be paid for when arriving at museum or prior
• There is an overtime charge of $10 per half hour
• Booking dates are subject to availability and museum hours
• Reservations are required for program (fill out form below)
• We ask that you please do not touch any of the artefacts in the museum; any significant damage to the artefacts will be charged to the person who booked the program to get it restored
• We ask that you please do not remove the food provided for the program from the room it is provided in
• Any significant damage to the room or site will be charged to the person who booked the program
• The Museum reserves the right to deny admission or exclude from the premises any individual(s) whose behaviours negatively impact on the Museum, its guests, volunteers or staff
• The Fredericton Region Museum is not liable for any losses or injuries incurred during the program
• Please note any food allergies and mobility challenges in the form below
• To book a program, or for more information, please contact the museum office or fill in the form below
Payment is due for the group upon arrival. Payment can be made by cheque or cash. Cheques should be made out to the York Sunbury Historical Society. A minimum of 10 people are required for the program.
Programs require special scheduling and if cancelled let than 48 hours prior to the scheduled time can cause some difficulty for the staff. Half the program fee will be charged if less than 48 hours notice of cancellation is given regardless if the program is rescheduled.
To book a program, download the PDF below, fill it out and deliver it to the museum office (by hand or fax).
You must call the museum office or send an email to cancel and re-schedule a program. If you decide to cancel on the day of your program, call or email early in the morning. Leave a message if no one is in the office.