Please read the information below before booking a tour:
- The Group Tour Pre-Registration Form needs to be completed and sent in for approval at least 1 week in advance.
- Museum staff will get back to you with the confirmation of the time and date.
- Form is to be properly signed to verify that the information has been confirmed by the contact person.
- For a Guided Group Tour the fee is $2.00/person, all chaperones are free.
- Minimum 10 persons for a Guided Group Tour. For less than 10 persons, the fee is a minimum of $20.
- For a Self- Guided Tour the fee is $1.00/Person, all chaperones are free.
- Groups larger than 10 people will be split up into smaller groups. Each smaller group requires at least one chaperone present to help supervise and maintain the group.
- In the case of misbehaviour or reckless activity during the tour, the guide reserves the right to stop the tour for the safety of the artefacts within the museum.
- Cheque, cash, and e-transfer can be accepted.
- For more information, please contact the Museum office.
Guided Group Tours
60 minutes (Approximately)
$2 per person with group rate, minimum 10 persons (does not include Chaperones)
Connects your group to original objects from our community’s material history through a guided tour of the museum’s comprehensive galleries. Guided tours offer amazing opportunities for your group to make the most of their visit to the museum. Tour guides engage visitors in conversations that stimulate the imagination while telling the fascinating history of the Fredericton region. Tours must be booked two weeks in advance using the Group Tour Pre-Registration Form.
Self-Guided Group Tours
$1/participant minimum 10 persons for group rate
Chaperones: 1 per 5 students
Explore the museum’s exhibitions independently and at your own pace. Please note that self-guided visits also require appointments. Tours must be booked in advance using the Group Tour Pre-Registration Form.
Customized Group Tour
For youth groups such as Guides and Scouts that are looking for a customized experience such on a a specific historic theme or exhibit in the museum. Price negotiable. For more information, please contact the Museum office.
Research Group Tour
For mature groups that are looking for a customized experience such as a curator’s talk or tour through the Collections Room focussing on a a specific historic theme or exhibit in the museum. Price negotiable. For more information, please contact the Museum office.
Walking Group Tours (City of Fredericton)
Take a lively walking tour of Fredericton, with a historically-costumed guide leading the way! You will be entertained with local history and folklore on a free walking tour of downtown Fredericton’s historic sites. See the Historic Garrison District, the Old Public Burial Ground, the Provincial Legislative Building, and former homes of some famous Frederictonians. Click here for more information.
Tours are offered daily from Canada Day to Labour Day, and once daily at 4pm (leaving from City Hall) from June to October.
Capital City Circuit (10am), leaves from City Hall
Confederation Walk (2:30pm), leaves from City Hall