Please read the information below before booking a tour:
- The Fredericton Region Museum is pleased to once again offer school group tours.
- All tours must be booked in advance and you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (506) 455-6041.
- Museum staff will get back to you with the confirmation of the time and date.
- It is a minimum 8 children/students (with ID) for a Guided Group Tour. The fee is a minimum of $25. For a group of of adults it would be a minimum of 4 people.
- Should your group be smaller than 8 people, it can be accommodated but the fee remains $25 at minimum.
- Groups larger than 8 people will be split up into smaller groups. Each smaller group requires at least one chaperone present to help supervise and maintain the group.
- In the case of misbehaviour or reckless activity during the tour, the guide reserves the right to stop the tour for the safety of the artefacts within the museum.
- Cheque, cash, and e-transfer can be accepted.
- For more information, please contact the Museum office.
Guided Group Tours
60 minutes (Approximately)
$3 per children/student with group rate, minimum 8 persons (does not include Chaperones). 6$ per adult minimum 4 adults.
Connects your group to original objects from our community’s material history through a guided tour of the museum’s comprehensive galleries. Guided tours offer amazing opportunities for your group to make the most of their visit to the museum. Tour guides engage visitors in conversations that stimulate the imagination while telling the fascinating history of the Fredericton region. Tours must be booked 2 weeks in advance, for more information, please contact the Museum office.
Customized Group Tour
For youth groups such as Guides and Scouts that are looking for a customized experience such on a a specific historic theme or exhibit in the museum. Price negotiable. For more information, please contact the Museum office.
Research Group Tour
For mature groups that are looking for a customized experience such as a curator’s talk or tour through the Collections Room focusing on a a specific historic theme or exhibit in the museum. Price negotiable. For more information, please contact the Museum office.
Walking Group Tours (City of Fredericton)
Take a lively walking tour of Fredericton, with a historically-costumed guide leading the way! You will be entertained with local history and folklore on a free walking tour of downtown Fredericton’s historic sites. See the Historic Garrison District, the Old Public Burial Ground, the Provincial Legislative Building, and former homes of some famous Frederictonians. Click here for more information.
Tours are offered daily from Canada Day to Labour Day, and once daily at 4pm (leaving from City Hall) from June to October.
Capital City Circuit (10am), leaves from City Hall
Confederation Walk (2:30pm), leaves from City Hall
Guided Tour Admission
This summer the Fredericton Region Museum is pleased to announce that we are offering a new admission option! We have heard the desire for interpretation in the museum and although we cannot have a member of staff in every room, we are able to offer 6 guided tours a day for walk ups! These will start at 10:30 am Tuesday through Saturday during the summer and start every hour until the last one at 3:30. The cost is $10 per person so be sure to take advantage of our skilled and helpful tour guides to visit the museum in spectacular fashion!