Each Party Option is TWO HOURS and includes:
– Use of a museum room (usually the Orientation Room) for two hours equipped with tables and chairs. The first hour will include games and activities facilitated by your host. The final hour can be dedicated to gifts, cake and exploring the galleries with adult chaperones)
– One hour of structured supervised programming
– Set-up and clean-up assistance by museum staff
– A host to run the party activities
– Admission to the galleries for your guests (up to 15 children)
Children – $10.00 per child
Chaperones – free (1 for every 5 children)
Additional Adults (other than chaperones) – $3.00 per adult
York Sunbury Historical Society members receive a 10% discount
Do-It-Yourself Party – see Facility Rental
If you would like loot bags provided by the museum then please add $5 per child to the fee.
Please note that there is a maximum of 15 and a minimum of 5 children. The Birthday child’s parents are admitted for free. For supervision purposes we require 1 adult for every 5 children.
You will need to bring:
– Food, snacks, drinks and cake
– Coolers for your food if necessary
– Decorations (please note nothing can be affixed to the walls)
– Candles and lighter
Father’s Footprints: The life of a Loyalist through the eyes of a child
Based on our Loyalist Exhibit and our Colouring book this party includes a tour of the museum with special attention given to our Loyalist exhibit, a story from our book about Hannah and a craft. Hannah was 11 years old when she came to New Brunswick as a Loyalist and she kept a record of her experiences in a diary. What better way to learn about history than through the eyes of another child!
Hop into History with the Coleman Frog: The Coleman frog has been fascinating children and grown ups for over 100 years! This party option includes a tour with special emphasis on the Coleman Frog, a story from our book, Coleman’s Pride, and froggy themed crafts and activity sheets. Let your party guest “hop into history” at the Fredericton Region Museum!
History of Fans: This program is a fun interactive program to entertain a group with the etiquette of the fan in the Victorian times. You will learn the secret code of the fan to communicate and also do a fan craft.
Custom Theme: If there is an area of history related to our exhibits or collection (i.e. First World War or War of 1812) then let us know and we can develop a party around your child’s interest.
Do-It-Yourself Party: You provide the inspiration and activities and we provide the facilities through our facility rental option. There is no party host, crafts and museum programming included in this option. You still have a room for two hours and can take your own tour. This option can be used with the city of Fredericton skating rink during the winter months however the Fredericton Region Museum cannot be held liable for injury. You still require the minimum 1 parent for every 5 children ratio for the Do-It-Yourself Party.
– All children must be paid for, including siblings of the birthday child and siblings of guests that stay for the party and participate.
– You should arrive 15 minutes prior to your party starting to set up and greet guests.
– There is an overtime charge of $30 per half hour.
– Ideal ages for our themes, activities and crafts are from 5 to 10
– Booking dates are subject to availability and museum hours
– Reservations are required for birthday parties
– Museum etiquette rules will be explained to the children. Please note that children cannot run in the museum and cannot touch the artefacts unless otherwise instructed by your host.
– All food (including candy and gum) and decorations (including balloons and loot bags) must stay in the party room and are not allowed in the galleries
– Any significant damage to the room or site will be charged to the person who booked the party.
– The Museum reserves the right to deny admission or exclude from the premises any individual(s) whose behaviours negatively impact on the Museum, its guests, volunteers or staff.
– The Fredericton Region Museum is not liable for any losses or injuries incurred during the party.
– To book a birthday party, or for more information, please contact the museum office or fill in the form below.
– The City of Fredericton has a skating rink in Officer’s Square and can be use in the Do-It-Yourself Party but staff cannot be used as chaperones and the Fredericton Region Museum cannot be held liable for injury.
Payment is due for the group upon arrival. Payment can be made by cheque or cash. Cheques should be made out to the York Sunbury Historical Society.
Birthday parties require special scheduling and if cancelled let than 48 hours prior to the scheduled time can cause some difficulty for the staff. Half the party fee will be charged if less than 48 hours notice of cancellation is given regardless if the party is rescheduled.
To book a birthday party at the Fredericton Region Museum, fill out the Birthday Party Program Request Form and send it to the museum office. If you are planning a Do-It-Yourself party, include a Fredericton Region Museum Facility Rental Agreement form with your Birthday Party Program Request Form.
You must call the museum office to cancel and re-schedule a party. If you decide to cancel on the day of your program, call early in the morning to leave us a message.